Saturday, April 21, 2012

Daughter

My parents has two daughters. Today I am going to share with you my journey which I made with my parents since the day that I was born . As far as I can remember , I am the youngest in my family .The average one.




My life as I remember it as a child was a fun one .I could say that I played a lot when I was growing up and for that I thank my parents for encouraging us to explore within our means and safe surroundings.




Fast forward 30 years, my sister is married with two grown up children and one very happy family . As for me, I decided to stay put with my parents and look out for them ... it has been a wonderful journey.As I grew older, I try to be a good daughter to my parents . I heed whatever advice they give to me and I try to make up for lost time by spending as much time as I can with them.




I do the normal daughter things with my parents. Going out or hanging out with friends is something that I do enjoy but nothing beats that one moment spending time with my parents . Back to the daughter things that I do is; lend a ear to them. For example, I never fail to ask them how was their day was even though, I know that most of the time, they are at home.


When I spend time with my parents, I usually look forward to the small little outings that we take together and one of them is, when we go out to get things for the house. To most of you, you may say that an outing like that is quite common and is no big deal. To them and me, it means a lot . 


It means to us, that we can just enjoy the day with just us be us. No pressure, just a simple day, an outing or and activity done together with my parents. It does not have to be an expensive outing, just being with them makes my day.




Now that my parents are older, they like to take life easy . With nothing to worry, they enjoy a game of cards together. Each time when I go off to work, my mum would bless me.When I arrive to work, after parking the car, the first thing I would do is to call them up to say that I have arrived safely.




Going back home , I would call them and tell them that I am on my way home. As I reach home and park the car, I'd honk and my dad would be at the window waving out to me . 


It's what we o every morning and we never get bored doing it ..the same routine over and over again and I will be doing it for many more years to come . I have enjoyed my childhood and for that I am thankful to my parents ..Thanks mum and dad .

No comments: