Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Four Boys And Two Gals

What do you get when you put four boys and two girls together ? Noise and more noise !!! Today I told my class that there will be no classwork . Instead of the usual hooray !! They said ' alamak teacher '. I wanted to see what will they do . So LMH , MW , AH, and IS got together and together, they decided to do a little role play among the boys . It came to be that LMH was to be the dino guy and the other three was to be the great Ultraman ! I could hear laughter and giggles . IS said to LMH that since he was going to be the dino guy , he must play the part well .. yup with sound effects and all .
At first it was a tiny growl and then it grew louder. Two girls at the back of the classroom started to giggle. Now as far as I know a giggle is suppose to be cute but THIS giggle was turned into laughter and it was really loud . I found myself laughing at them . So the the two girls , THU and NS decided to join in the role play . AH proudly stood up and said ' tak boleh , boys aje boleh main'. The two girls went 'ala bolehlah kalau tak boleh main NS bagi tau teacher '. They were at a tight spot and they had no choice . Once the four boys had some discussion with each other ,the green light was given .
They told the girls to follow their lead but NS adn THU had other plans . They told the boys "Kamu semua pergi selamatkan dunia , kami duduk rumah masak - masak untuk korang '. I wanted to laugh but I was controlling myself . Then MW got kinda irritated with the two girls . He said 'Mana ada cerita Utraman macam ni , takde pun girls duk rumah masak tau!'. I was observing them and I wanted to know how does this so call role play ends . They managed to come to some agreement and settled the whole issue . Done . No one got hurt or cried . As the boys went to their little corner , I heard AH said to the others 'girls susah la nak main asyik tukar cerita aje '.
As I observe my students both great and small . I use to wonder what will they be like twenty years from now . Will they get together and play 'ultraman ' again ? I think not . In my minds eye , all of these memories will always be with me till the end . There is never a dull moment being a kindergarten teacher.

No comments: